As part of the $670 million Pacific Fair Redevelopment in 2016, Fabritecture was contracted by Scentre Group to deliver the design and construction of the steel & fabric for two custom architectural fabric structures: The Resort Roof and Porte Cochere entry structure. The structures were designed to become key architectural features for the Resort Area of the upgrade.
The Resort Roof provides a functional weatherproof aesthetic feature that covers the first level promenade while leaving the ground level centre open, creating a bright and airy space.
The spectacular Porte Cochere crowns the main entry point of the centre, incorporating the shape of a whale’s tail in the design to represent the Gold Coast.
Highlights from the case study:
- Design process
- Fabrication of complex architectural steel and PTFE fabric panels
- The structural systems & 3D modelling
- Our innovative installation methodology
- Materials used
- On site collaboration, construction and maintenance
- Awards won by the Pacific Fair Redevelopment project
Click below to download the full Pacific Fair Redevelopment case study: